The Stanley Kunitz Memorial Prize honors the late Stanley Kunitz’s dedication to mentoring poets. The winning poem will appear on the feature page of the September/October issue of The American Poetry Review, and the poet will receive a prize of $1,000. All entrants will receive a copy of the magazine. Poets may submit one to three poems per entry (totaling no more than three pages) with a $15 entry fee by May 15, 2017. No limit on number of entries per poet.
Previous winners of the prize include Ocean Vuong, Alex Dimitrov, Nicole Sealey, Jared Harel, Elly Bookman, and Katie Peterson.
1. Poets must be under 40 years of age.
2. All entries must be previously unpublished poems.
3. Multiple entries are acceptable; however each entry must be accompanied by a reading fee.
4. Entry fee covers up to three poems, totaling no more than three pages.
5. Contest entries must be received before May 15, 2017.
6. Contest results will be announced by July 1, 2017.
If you wish to mail your entry, please include a SASE and send to:
The American Poetry Review
Stanley Kunitz Memorial Prize
320 S. Broad St. Hamilton 313
Philadelphia, PA 19102
or submit online here.